Candidates must be:
- citizens of one of the following eligible countries/territories:
- Asia: Bangladesh, Nepal, Taiwan;
- Europe: Turkey, Ukraine;
- Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia;
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda; and
- enrolled as a full-time student at post-secondary institution in an eligible country/territory and paying tuition fees to that institution at the time of application and for the full duration of the exchange.
Candidates are not eligible:
- if they hold or have a pending application for Canadian citizenship or permanent residency;
- if they are already participating in a scholarship program funded by the Government of Canada; and
- if they are already enrolled in a degree, diploma or certificate program at a Canadian post-secondary institution.
Canadian post-secondary institution eligibility
The Canadian post-secondary institution must:
- be a Designated Learning Institution (DLI);
- have a valid student exchange agreement with the candidate’s home institution that waives tuition fees for scholarship recipients. For college and undergraduate research applications with no agreement, a letter issued by the Canadian institution’s international office or equivalent will be accepted; and
- inform both the candidate and their home institution of any mandatory fees that, in exceptional cases, cannot be waived, prior to applying for a scholarship on the candidate’s behalf.
Please direct all inquiries regarding the eligibility requirements to: [email protected] or 613-237-4820.